Drug and alcohol addiction takes a long time to develop for many people. Treatment for it can provide fast results, but the journey is rarely simple. Over time, a person can see improvement in their addiction symptoms, and a day may come when you do not think about addiction. In order to reach that point, however, it is critical to take the first step in addiction recovery. That is to reach out to Serenity House Detox & Recovery Florida for help by calling 866.294.5306 today or using our convenient contact form.
When Does Addiction Recovery Begin and End?
The recovery timeline for addiction treatment depends on many factors. Your health, the drugs you used, your ability to break dependence, and the effectiveness of therapy are just a few of these. There’s no way to know how long it will take.
For many people, addiction recovery happens in a series of steps. It starts with recognizing what’s happening and getting help. The stages of addiction recovery include:
- Precontemplation: A person does not consider the behavior a problem. They may not have had a bad experience.
- Contemplation: At this point, a person realizes there is a problem but has not decided to change.
- Preparation: At this stage, a person is getting ready to take action. They may be learning about their addiction and treatment options.
- Action: At this stage, treatment begins. The person embraces treatment and starts on the path towards breaking dependence.
- Maintenance: After working through treatment, many people enter the maintenance stage. Here, they are working to rebuild their life. Unfortunately, if they don’t have the correct tools in place, this period is also when relapse can happen.
- Termination: This is the final stage of addiction recovery. In it, a person no longer feels threatened by the substance they were using. They are comfortable living life without it. They fear relapse less all the time.
The recovery timeline for this usually takes months or even years. There’s no way to know that, but what’s important to realize is this. With treatment in a recovery center, it’s possible to live a life without drugs or alcohol and to be happy doing so. The key is embracing care.
What Factors Contribute to Success in Addiction Recovery?
It’s not always easy to know what will make a difference during the addiction recovery process. These factors may depend on what your individual needs are. Some things may help, such as:
- Starting with detox may help those with moderate to severe addiction get the help they need.
- Engaging with therapy and treatment programs can ensure the best possible results from treatment.
- Embracing mental health disorder treatment is vital if you have an underlying condition.
- Having a drug-free home life with ample support can help you stay sober outside of treatment.
- Being willing to make changes is critical for the recovery process.
- Being in an innovative program designed to help you allows you to get treatment for your unique challenges.
The best you can do is to work hard at addiction treatment today. Every day that you do not use drugs or alcohol is a day closer to full recovery.
Learn More at Serenity House Detox & Recovery Florida
You can overcome addiction. The first step to get there is to enroll in a treatment program capable of providing you with the tools you need. Our team offers one-on-one treatment, comprehensive detox services, and ongoing support for months and years to come. You are not alone in your journey towards addiction recovery here. Learn more about our programs, including:
- Residential detox programs
- Medical detox programs
- Holistic treatment programs
- Women’s treatment programs
- Men’s treatment programs
- Dual diagnosis treatment
Addiction recovery is a long process with plenty of benefits along the way. For those struggling right now with addiction or feeling at risk for relapse, taking action is critical. Our team can help you. Learn more about our recovery center at Serenity House Detox & Recovery Florida. Call 866.294.5306 or connect online today for more information.