When you want to recover from substance abuse, you need a program that addresses the physical, mental, and emotional strain of the detox process. At Serenity House Detox Florida, you will develop tools for personal growth to give you the courage to complete your treatment plan. We have an evidence-based therapy program (EBT) that accomplishes this.
EBT is a psychological treatment approach that determines how successful treatment plans are and bases future programs off this evidence. Only the most successful treatments become part of our detox program. Choose a Florida treatment center that specializes in detox services to help you succeed throughout rehab and long-term recovery.
Evidence-Based Therapy Program
Evidence-based practices yield better success rates and implement a sense of personal accountability. Clients at detox centers only pay for programs that have shown success in helping others get through this first crucial stage. Overall, EBT programs result in more cost-effective detox programs.
Long-term substance abuse changes your brain chemistry and impacts functions such as:
EBT programs help you learn to process situations in a normalized way and teach you to focus on positive, healthy thinking patterns. There’s little room for error in a detox scenario where there is a high probability of relapse. For this reason, it’s important to choose a detox center that emphasizes the efficacy of evidence-based therapy. To qualify as an evidence-based therapy program, treatment plans must be helpful to clients and affordable to the general public.
At Serenity House Detox Florida, our highly qualified therapists play a major role in whether clients achieve long-term recovery. Additionally, we track our success rates and change our plans to ensure the best chances for your further recovery.
Types of Evidence-Based Therapy
ACT, CBT, DBT, CFT, and MBSR might seem like alphabet soup at first glance. However, these acronyms stand for the various types of evidence-based therapy that can help you succeed during detox:
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) consists of mindfulness exercises. You learn about your personal values and translate that into helpful behavior changes. ACT helps you control emotional outbursts and overwhelming feelings that can trigger substance use.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) uses a very practical approach. Your CBT therapist helps you think through situations prior to reacting. Going through this therapy decreases the likelihood of a relapse.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) focuses on living in the moment. By talking through stressful feelings, you learn to control how you react instead of acting impulsively. It helps improve and build healthy relationships.
- Compassion-focused therapy (CFT) promotes emotional and mental healing. Learn to regard yourself with compassion. Clients work on extending compassion to others and analyze how that improves overall well-being.
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) incorporates holistic practices such as yoga, meditation, group support, and other approaches to releasing stress in a healthy way. Stress is a common trigger for drug and alcohol abuse, so learning to curb it helps your long-term recovery efforts.
Your care team can suggest which of these therapies can meet your individual needs.
EBT and Detox Therapies
Any evidence-based therapy program can play a crucial role in your detox and recovery journey. Recognizing that you have a problem and seeking help is the first step. However, sheer willpower alone isn’t enough to avoid a relapse. Once your body is clear of harsh substances, you can focus on attaining lifelong, drug-free living.
However, it’s important to seek professional help in overcoming your drug or alcohol dependence. Without medical supervision and effective detox therapies, the symptoms associated with withdrawal can trigger a relapse and a continuing cycle of substance use disorder. There’s a safer way to go through detox.
During your stay at Serenity House Detox Florida, licensed medical professionals help you through the worst withdrawal symptoms.
Other therapies include:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
Evidence-Based Therapy Program in West Palm Beach, FL
Serenity House Detox Florida is a detox treatment center in West Palm Beach, Florida. Our evidence-based therapy program helps clients learn to recognize and deal with emotions in a healthy way. Contact us at 866.294.5306 for the first phase of your recovery. Detox lays the foundation for rehab and aftercare programs that help you lead a productive life once again.