The world may offer a wide array of quick fixes and home remedies, but you should not take at-home detox lightly. Recovering from any form of addiction can test the limits of a person’s will. At-home detoxes are rarely effective, and, in some cases, they can be incredibly dangerous. Therefore, it is best to enlist the services of a professional drug or alcohol detox center.
At Serenity House Detox & Recovery Florida in Jupiter, our experienced professionals provide medical supervision for each person to go through detox safely. We also hope the following information helps our struggling community members to make informed-decisions about inpatient or outpatient detox programs. To learn more about our services, contact our team today at 866.294.5306.
What is Detox & How Long Does it Take?
Alcohol and drug detox involves purging the body of harmful substances. People who have tried to wean themselves off addictive substances quickly experience withdrawal symptoms that make it difficult to stop. The purpose of any detox process is to manage the sometimes severe withdrawal symptoms. Each person experiences different symptoms and intensity driven by the length of addiction, dosages, and other factors.
The purpose of detox is to safely manage withdrawal symptoms when someone stops taking drugs or alcohol. Some people will feel the effects of withdrawal for months. The most strenuous part of drug detox typically occurs during the first three days. That’s why it’s essential to avoid going “cold turkey” alone and work with professionals.
How Does At-Home Detox Work?
A professionally-managed home detox ensures that the person remains safe and as comfortable as possible. Such programs typically account for family members and loved ones living in the house as well. Before beginning the alcohol or drug detox, the following steps should be completed:
- A home detox professional assesses medical history, substance abuse history, and risk factors.
- The patient undergoes a thorough examination, and lab work will be conducted.
- A consultation follows that outlines a specialized detox plan.
- Health care professionals monitor the patient throughout the process.
- A detox professional may intervene or make adjustments to the plan as needed.
Once the detox has been completed, comprehensive support services are brought to bear. Strategies address behavioral triggers, coping mechanisms, and ongoing care.
Benefits of At-Home Detox Programs
It’s essential to understand that detox represents one of the first steps on the road to recovery. To avoid slipping back into negative habits and risky behaviors, ongoing support, monitoring, and treatment must remain in place. If you are considering a professional home detox, these rank among the benefits that you can anticipate:
- Privacy: Going through the detox process at home allows participants to limit information about their struggles.
- Results: When a health care professional monitors someone at home, they gain hands-on knowledge about your triggers. The information proves invaluable in navigating post-detox environments.
- Support: After the detox has been completed, group therapy sessions and offsite treatment can help create a support system.
While home detox may not be a seamless fit for everyone, it can deliver top-tier benefits and simulate programs conducted in facilities. Alcohol and drug detox represents a significant and proactive step forward toward leading a robust life.
Call Serenity House Detox & Recovery Florida Today
If you or a loved one struggles with drugs or alcohol, detox and recovery require the compassionate oversight of professionals. With experienced health care professionals in your corner, you can get through the withdrawal symptoms and enjoy a better life. Drugs and alcohol don’t have to plague your days any longer because at-home detox could prove to be an invaluable process. Call Serenity House Detox & Recovery Florida at 866.294.5306, or contact us online today.