According to information from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Xanax prescription medication abuse is common in people over the age of 14 years. In fact, benzodiazepines like Xanax top the list of commonly abused prescription medications all over the country. Addiction to this benzo requires a benzodiazepine detox program. What is Xanax detox, and how do you get help?
Xanax addiction is a difficult habit to break. Once addiction develops, individuals will need a specialized Xanax detox program. However, with the help of a detox center in Florida, you can defeat Xanax addiction and begin the recovery process. For more information about your area’s treatment options, contact Serenity House Detox in Florida today at 866.294.5306.
What is Xanax Detox and Availability in Florida
As part of addiction treatment, a person working to overcome Xanax dependency will undergo the following:
- Medical Detox Process: To begin Xanax detox, the person will enter the facility and carefully supervised by medical detox professionals. This treatment arena can ensure that you get through detox safely.
- Life During Treatment: Adapting to the schedule, expectations, and required processes help those struggling with Xanax addiction relearn how to function in their regular lives without abusing the substance.
- Transitioning to Life Outside of Treatment: As addicts proceed through this benzodiazepine detox and then rehab treatment, they attain higher levels of independence in daily living, decision making, and use of learned life skills. This practice helps them back into the “real world” where old temptations will undoubtedly arise.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment as a Part of Xanax Detox
For many individuals, their Xanax use began as a treatment for another condition. For instance, many doctors prescribe this medication as a way for their patients to combat anxiety. This treatment is fine for short term use, but when a patient uses it for longer periods of time, the potency seems to lessen. This situation is what is called tolerance. If a person is tolerant of a drug, they need more of the substance to get the same result. In such cases, the person may feel like they cannot cope with everyday life stress and worry. In short, their anxiety has led to Xanax addiction.
If this describes your condition, seeking dual diagnosis as part of your Xanax detox may be beneficial. Dual diagnosis treatment addresses your substance abuse and gives you coping mechanisms to manage your mental health condition at the same time. Dual diagnosis treatment can set you up for long-term recovery, so it’s crucial to seek this type of treatment in your detox and rehab. You can seek dual diagnosis treatment for a wide array of mental health conditions, including:
- Depression treatment program
- Anxiety treatment program
- Psychological disorders treatment program
- Bipolar disorder treatment program
- Co-occurring disorders treatment program
Seek Xanax Detox in Florida Today
Getting Xanax detox treatment for Xanax dependency is key to longevity and enjoyment of a more productive and positive life. Whether from Florida or other parts of the US, Florida offers prime conditions and facilities for overcoming addiction.
It can be difficult to commit to a facility outside of the person’s own hometown. But when seeking Xanax addiction treatment, a change of scenery helps. Attending a drug and alcohol detox center in Florida offers a respite from immediate stress. It can even help individuals in treatment remain in the program for its duration. At our center, you’ll find therapy services including:
- Addiction counseling
- Behavioral therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Family therapy
- Group and individual therapy
- Trauma therapy
Living with a Xanax drug addiction is a dangerous thing to do. If you need to know what Xanax detox is and how to recover, contact Serenity House Detox today at 866.294.5306 and get started on the road to a life without addiction. This call is one that you won’t regret.