How do you get to sleep without using sleeping pills? Prescription drugs are quickly becoming one of the most significant dangers in this country, with over 500,000 people in the U.S. currently abusing sleeping pills. In many states, prescription pill abuse has overtaken heroin, meth, and cocaine addiction as the biggest offender. The problem stems from many people relying on prescription pills to help kill pain, lessen soreness, increase focus, or to sleep better. But if taken in excess, people may develop a prescription drug addiction. Once sleeping pill use turns into an addiction, quitting requires a prescription drug detox center in Jupiter, FL.
Addiction to prescription medication is far worse than whatever was ailing you in the first place. You need to find natural ways to solve your medical issues rather than relying on pills. Find out more about how you can take control of your recovery.
Sleeping Pills Detox Helps You Quit
How can you end your reliance on prescription drugs or sleeping pills? Thousands of people take prescription pills, such as Ambien, to help them get to sleep. If you need to take sleeping pills to fall asleep or have an Ambien addiction, you may want to go through sleeping pills detox to get clean of the drug and then start fresh with natural remedies.
However, for many people, natural remedies would be enough to get you sleeping like a baby again. Would you like to forget the prescription pills and sleep well? Well here’s a couple of things you can do after a sleeping pills detox:
- Stick to a regular sleep schedule. This is the kind of thing you’ve been told your whole life, but it never seemed possible. It really can help. Studies show that sticking to a schedule of going to bed within the same hour every night helps set a precedent for your body to follow. When you tell your body 10 pm is always the time to sleep, it’ll start preparing for sleep around then, subconsciously. Erratic bedtimes confuse your body, cause more sleeplessness, and the cycle of sleeping pills addiction.
- No electronic screens or lighting an hour before bed. Despite what many people think, electronic screens, like televisions, cell phones, or computers, don’t relax your mind but instead stimulate it. To get to sleep you need low stimulus, especially visually. To recover from sleeplessness, try using only candlelight an hour before bed, and you’ll find your body will slow down and become relaxed so that once you lie down, you’ll slip into sleep easily.
- Avoid caffeine. Although most of us consume caffeine at any part of the day, avoiding this stimulant at least 4 hours before bed benefits sleep. We recommend avoiding any caffeine while you’re adjusting to a healthy sleep pattern.
- Avoid taking naps. Taking naps during the day interrupts your body’s natural rhythm. Even though it becomes tempting to take a nap after a restless night, fighting the urge is beneficial in the long run.
- Exercise. A study in middle-aged and older adults found that moderate or high-intensity exercise improved their quality of sleep.
Stop Taking Prescription Sleeping Pills Today
What if you’ve already developed an addiction to prescription sleeping pills? Don’t try overcoming addiction on your own. Get into a sleeping pills detox program where you’ll find the addiction treatment you need to get clean. Serenity House Detox & Recovery in Fort Lauderdale and Jupiter is the place to go in Florida to end your sleeping pills addiction and get back control of your life. We provide a variety of detox programs to individualize treatment, including:
- Men’s and women’s addiction detox in FL
- Medical detox center in Ft. Lauderdale
- Luxury drug detox center
- Inpatient drug detox in Jupiter
- Relapse prevention program
Contact Serenity House Detox & Recovery to fall asleep naturally. Give us a call at 866.294.5306 for expert help every step of the way.