To say that 2020 was a different year would be quite an understatement. Collectively, since the onset of COVID-19, we have experienced unforeseeable disruptions and alterations to our everyday lives. As a result of this, most people have been affected by the pandemic, at least to some degree. Whether mentally, emotionally, socially, or financially, most people have experienced some difficulties. All these issues, coupled with uncertainty, can make one feel unable to cope with the changes and unpredictability. Therefore, it’s no wonder why many are at risk of experiencing stress, anxiety, and even depression. There’s been a need to adjust how mental health therapy in Florida is delivered to deal with the increasing concerns for mental health at such times. Contact Serenity House Detox Florida today at 866.294.5306.
Coronavirus and Therapy
Due to the travel restrictions and health guidelines such as social distancing, many have transitioned to using e-mental health solutions and video consultations. The delivery of therapy through electronic communication(telehealth) has proven to be beneficial to both patients and clinicians in several ways, including:
- Removal of barriers such as travel time, parking, and waiting rooms
- Increased in patient’s autonomy when it comes to managing their health through online self-management and monitoring
- More flexible for patients as they can schedule therapy at times that best suit them
- Not dependent on any location thus, there is improved efficiency as there is less travel involved
Therapy Within the Context of COVID Pandemic
Our delivery of therapy has evolved because our team now conducts in new ways due to the context and consequence of the ongoing pandemic. As such, coronavirus and therapy are inseparable considerations.
Instead of focusing solely on the pre-existing issues, it is vital to reflect upon the current situation and how it affects their mental health and life at large. Common problems that people may be going through include:
- Dealing with the loss of a loved one who succumbed to COVID
- Worrying about symptoms that resemble those of the virus
- Some have lost jobs or worry about losing their jobs
- Negative emotions such as anxiety and worry about getting affected
- Feeling helpless and hopeless about the situation
Extra Attention to Metacognitions of Patients
Extra emphasis on meta-cognitive therapy can help patients make a greater sense of their life experiences during this pandemic and lead more fulfilling lives.
How Can You Safeguard Your Mental Health During the COVID Crisis?
As humans, we find safety and comfort in the predictability of our routines for daily lives. When lives change dramatically, it is okay to be unsettled and concerned about the upending of reality as you are used to it. Nonetheless, you can respond to the situation in a way that will safeguard your mental well-being. The following are tips that can help:
- Accept negative emotions: Make peace with the fact that you will experience inevitable moments of anxiety, sadness, and worry. These emotions should not take control of you, and instead of fighting them, observe them, feel them for a moment and let them go. You are better off investing the energy in developing constructive thinking habits and behaviors than fighting your emotions.
- Develop new routines: Instead of indulging in activities that help you escape from reality, it is better to engage in activities that help you best connect with that reality. Having a regular wake-up, working, eating, and sleeping routine is a helpful way to enrich your life, which is essentially the best recipe for mental health.
- Prioritize self-care: It is hard to deal with the fact that the pandemic has disrupted your self-care routine. However, don’t give up on it, instead reinvent your routine through fun activities such as working out, taking walks outside, and reconnecting with your friends via video calls.
Start Your Recovery at Serenity House Detox Florida
When the situation is too overwhelming to bear, you don’t have to shoulder the burden alone. At Serenity House Detox Florida, we offer treatment therapies to uncover and address the underlying causes of your mental health disorder. Some of our approaches include:
- Individual therapy program
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy