Addiction to drugs or alcohol is a particularly difficult condition for the body to overcome. It is a multilayered problem affecting addicts’ minds, bodies and spirits. Every facet of a human is essentially controlled by their addictions when substance abuse becomes a problem. This control makes detoxing from substances like alcohol a very difficult process.
Not Getting Results At An Alcohol Rehab in Miami?
Detoxification is only the first step in treatment for dependence upon alcohol or drugs. But it is a very important step which requires a custom treatment plan, just as later rehabilitation requires an individualized approach. If you tried alcohol rehab in Miami and it did not work, there can be a multitude of reasons for the failure.
Reasons Alcohol Rehab in Miami May Have Failed For You
If you entered alcohol rehab in Miami and were not successful in becoming sober for the long term, you are not alone. Detox and rehab may require several attempts before true recovery occurs. There are many factors why this is the case.
Reasons alcohol rehab may have failed for you include:
- Detox did not occur under medical supervision. A “safe harbor” during detox is important for addicts, both physically and mentally. When addicts do not feel safe during detox they may relapse.
- Detox is not easy. When your body craves alcohol, you may fail to overcome those cravings during the process. Many addicts leave programs early for this reason.
- Enough time for detox may not have been provided. Detox duration varies according to the individual and their substance of abuse. If you are not fully detoxed, you are not ready to start addressing addiction treatment and may have quit for this reason.
- Detox was not private or dignified enough. Many patients fail to complete detox or rehab when they feel indignified or exposed. Detox is not “pretty” and most addicts need privacy in a comfortable setting to feel respected as part of the process.
- Addiction treatment did not address the true causes of your addiction. It may be that your particular rehab program was ineffective or the medical team did not reveal your personal reasons for addiction.
Detox and rehab may require several attempts before true recovery is accomplished. One reason why a dedicated detox center like Serenity House Detox & Recovery is effective is that it provides a better environment for detoxification, more adequately preparing addicts for rehabilitation.
Detox and Rehab Can Work For You
Serenity House Detox & Recovery in Jupiter and Fort Lauderdale can help you overcome your addiction, beginning with medically managed detox treatment. We provide a dignified home environment with customized treatment plans. After detox, we will help you find the right addiction treatment center to overcome your addiction to alcohol with greater chances for long-term sobriety.
Call us today at (866) 396-4129 to speak with an admissions counselor and learn more about our programs. It’s never too late to embrace recovery – call Serenity House today and begin yours!