Methamphetamine is an extremely potent, synthetic chemical that illegal labs manufacture by mixing different forms of amphetamine. However, other dangerous ingredients for meth production are household chemicals. You don’t want to smoke drain cleaner. Approximately 13 million Americans over the age of 12 have used meth. From 1996 to 2006, the percentage of addiction treatment admissions due to meth abuse tripled to 9%. If you’re one of the millions of Americans battling meth addiction, seeking detox can be your first step to recovery.
If you’re battling a meth addiction, checking into Serenity House Detox, a licensed detox for meth center in Florida is the answer. Contact us today at 866.294.5306 to learn about your recovery options.
Am I Addicted to Meth?
The decision to seek substance abuse detox is not one that many undertake lightly. Many individuals do not want to admit that they have an addiction to meth. However, there are several key indicators that you may be battling addiction. These indicators include:
- You’re using meth in a way that is dangerous to you or people around you
- Your meth use has caused conflicts with the people around you
- You’re unable to complete major responsibilities due to your meth use
- When you try to stop using meth, you get withdrawal symptoms
- You’ve built up a tolerance to meth, so you have to use more to get the same result
- You’ve started using meth in larger amounts or for longer amounts of time
- You have repeatedly tried to control your meth use or quit but have been unable to do so on your own.
- You spend a significant amount of your time using meth
- Your meth use has led to physical or psychological health problems
- You’ve developed cravings for meth
- You have skipped activities you once enjoyed due to meth use
If you recognize yourself in these symptoms of addiction, it’s time to seek detox for meth.
Intake Process for Meth Users
Finally, after admitting to your meth addiction and entering a drug detox facility, you’ll go through an intake process. Highly trained clinicians will interview and assess you to diagnose your unique needs for treatment. Medical testing is an important part of intake to determine health risks prior to detox for meth. Psychotherapists will also evaluate your mental health state to discover any co-occurring disorders, such as depression and schizophrenia.
During intake, addicts will be informed of the drug detox center’s rules and expectations. Furthermore, you should expect your belongings to be searched thoroughly as some everyday items are banned.
Stages of Medical Detox for Meth
Next, addiction treatment will begin with medically assisted detox for meth. Chronic meth use depletes the levels of the brain’s neurotransmitters, so a period of withdrawal will ensue after abstinence begins. Withdrawal symptoms can appear within just eight hours of the last hit. Commonly, addicts undergoing meth detox will experience:
- Intense drug cravings
- Mood swings and irritability
- Depression or anxiety
- Hallucinations and paranoia
- Sleeping problems
- Muscle aches and pains
- Inability to concentrate
Detox for meth is rarely dangerous by itself. However, long-term abusers may develop psychosis and become a threat to themselves and others. Being in Serenity House Detox’s residential detox facility for the duration of primary withdrawal is crucial. Staying safe and avoiding temptation is much more likely under the close eye of clinical staff. Professional staff use medications that help minimize the distressing symptoms of meth detox.
As well as detox, Serenity House uses therapies that help you deal with the causes of addiction and to learn how to live life without your substance. Some of those therapies include:
- Addiction counseling
- Behavioral therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Family therapy
- Group and individual therapy
- Trauma therapy
Seeking Addiction Treatment in Florida
Professional medical detox can help you overcome addiction to methamphetamine. So, leaving behind negative influences in your hometown and traveling for meth addiction treatment is smart. Serenity House Detox, conveniently located in sunny Florida, affords you a nice change of scenery.