Cocaine is an incredibly addictive stimulant drug. It has been used consistently in tribal groups for thousands of years. However, in the late 80s, it became increasingly popular for celebrities and members of pop culture to use and abuse this drug. Because so many of the rich and powerful followed this practice, people began to take it for granted. Fortunately, now, most people recognize cocaine for the danger it poses. That said, some people still continue to use this drug. If you are struggling with cocaine abuse or know someone who is, it’s important to recognize the cocaine overdose symptoms.
At Serenity House Detox & Recovery Florida, we are committed to providing lasting relief from drugs and alcohol. To that end, we have tailored our cocaine addiction treatment program to provide the support our clients need to begin their recovery. If you’re suffering from cocaine addiction, you aren’t alone. Reach out to Serenity House Detox & Recovery Florida today to escape your cocaine addiction.
What Are the Most Common Cocaine Overdose Symptoms?
If you fear an overdose of cocaine in yourself or a loved one, these are the cocaine overdose symptoms to watch out for:
- Heart rate increase–The first sign of a cocaine overdose is a heart rate increase. This can cause severe cardiovascular problems, such as elevated blood pressure and heart attack. Over time, a continued increase in heart rate can also lead to other health complications. Pain in the chest is a symptom that also coincides with a heart rate increase.
- Anxiety and panic–If you notice anxiety or extreme panic in an individual, these are also signs of overdose. Paranoia may particularly accompany feelings of anxiety and stress as well.
- Differences in the nose and eyes–If the individual has dilated pupils, frequent nosebleeds, or a continuously running nose, these are also signs.
- Tremors–Shaking hands and a shaking body may indicate an overdose. Overall agitation and an inability to sit still are telltale symptoms as well.
If you’re experiencing one or more of these symptoms while taking cocaine, it is vital to seek treatment immediately. Doing so can save a life.
How Can You Recover From a Cocaine Problem?
Cocaine addiction can ruin your life. It’s pervasive in that it affects your health, relationships, and finances. That’s why it’s essential to stop the problem as soon as possible. Stop it before you start seeing possible cocaine overdose symptoms and before your addiction gets too strong a hold.
Only professional detox and treatment can help you recover from an addiction to cocaine. It all starts with detox. Through cocaine detox services, you will be treated carefully by medical professionals. These professionals will help to reduce and even eliminate the symptoms of withdrawal.
Serenity House Detox & Recovery Florida offers the following services in addition to detox:
- Dual diagnosis treatment program
- Individual therapy program
- Family therapy program
- Group therapy program
- Women’s drug detox program
- Men’s drug detox program
Begin Your Recovery at Serenity House Detox & Recovery Florida Today
If you are concerned that you or a loved one may overdose on cocaine, you need professional help. If you have ever overdosed in the past, you should also seek support as soon as possible. It’s important to start the admissions process now rather than later, as continued cocaine use can quickly lead to lasting health problems.
Acknowledging that you are struggling with addiction is one of the hardest things you’ll ever do. Still, it’s doable. Countless people have been where you are now. With help, they’ve achieved sobriety and long-lasting recovery, and you can, too.
At Serenity House Detox & Recovery Florida, we want to help. Talk to one of our addiction specialists about the detox and addiction treatment programs we offer. For instance, as a part of your cocaine detox program, we may offer services such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Meditation therapy
- Nutrition therapy
- Behavioral therapy
The rehabilitation process isn’t simple or easy, but you can do it with our professional help and resources. Call Serenity House Detox & Recovery Florida today at 866.294.5306 to begin. Your life is worth it.